We recently returned from a Family Vacation to California, and we were able to start out in Coronado (more on that to come!), and ended up in the cute beach town of Santa Barbara. This was our first time in Santa Barbara, and boy was it amazing! The Spanish architecture, the beautiful coastline. It truly is like the Mediterranean of California! We instantly fell in love!
Staying at the Four Seasons Resort the Biltmore in Santa Barbara was such a treat! The hotel grounds were unlike anything I have ever seen before! So stunning with all of the amazing foliage and Spanish tiles and details. We had a great time exploring the property, and of course the kids enjoyed the pool, and Butterfly beach, that was only steps away from the Resort! Be sure to continue reading for all of my 5 reasons to stay Beachside on your next Coastal Vacation!
The kids absolutely loved the pool! They had such a great time swimming in there, jumping back and forth from the hot tub, and I really enjoyed the poolside lounging chairs and service! The pool had a really cool feature that the kids thought was so amazing! They actually played music underwater! They couldn’t believe it!
The Spanish influence flowed over into the rooms, and we just loved all the decor and details. I was swooning over the bathroom tiles, and the kids loved the snacks and toys they left for them in the room.
We loved that the Four Seasons Santa Barbara was just steps away from Butterfly Beach! After going on a few California Vacations over the past little while, we have learned, it is totally worth staying Beachside, especially as a family with kids in tow!
5 Reasons to Stay Beachside on Your Next Coastal Vacation:
- The Views- The Ocean views are worth it alone! Not living near the Ocean, every time I see it, it really takes my breath away. I love getting any glimpse I can get, and if you happen to be able to catch a sunset, well that can’t be beat!
- Easy Beach Access- I don’t know about you, but the thought of hauling all of your stuff with kids in tow from a far away parking spot doesn’t sound like a vacation to me. Being able to just walk over from your hotel room to the beach makes it so nice, and stress free! Also, avoiding sand all over the car, and being able to go straight to the shower or pool after the beach is so nice!
- Beach supplies- Most Resorts like the Four Seasons offers beach gear that you can rent out. Chairs umbrellas, towels, beach toys for the kids, and even sun screen. It makes it so much easier to not have to worry about bringing all those beach essentials while on vacation traveling from far away.
- Walks on the Beach- If you are going to go on a vacation to the California coast, then you’ll want to spend as much time at the beach, right? Staying right by the ocean has many perks, and one is that you can walk, and stop by the beach often. We were able to go on runs, and walks, and play at the beach often without the hassle of a long car ride.
- “Take our Troubles to the Water”- Being near the ocean is good for the soul, and some say good for your health. There is something about breathing that fresh sea air. Once our toes hit the sand, it seems that our troubles are left behind, and we all just instantly are in better moods, and enjoy having such a good time together as a family, and really that’s what vacations are all about!
Be sure to check back for more of our adventures in Santa Barbara!
Check out more of our Family Travels here!
Four Seasons Resort Santa Barbara- The Biltmore
1260 Channel Drive, Santa Barbara, California 93108
Phone: 1 (805) 969-2261