This is sponsored advertising content for a long term brand ambassadorship with Evereve. All opinions stated are my own.
There have been several different stages in my life as a mom. The long days of staying at home all day with babies, nap times, car seats, and strollers. The days of rush, rush, rush from place to place picking up and dropping off, and homework times. They have all been so crazy, and so hectic, but still overall so rewarding!
I remember the days all too well of being in the thick of it. Knee deep in babies, staying in pajamas all day, not showering or leaving the house for days, just in pure survival mode. Honestly, a lot of it is all a blur! Ha! I blame the lack of sleep with babies, and newborns, and toddlers, and nursing, and being pregnant for so many years!
Over the last little bit, as my kids have gotten older, and are heading off to school I have found myself with just a little bit more alone time. Currently, I have about 2-3 hours to myself each day as they go off to school. As much as it would be nice to kick my feet up and relax, I am usually filling my time with about a million other things. Unfortunately you find as they get older, some things do get easier, but somehow you also get a lot busier!
I have been really trying to take the time to be more intentional. When I set aside the time to do a few things during my day, I have noticed how much smoother things go, and how much happier I feel by just making some simple changes! Here are a few things I have been adding to my daily routine that have really made me feel happier!
- Plan Out Your Day: I can’t tell you how much it has helped me to be more organized with my time by planning out my day. When I take the time to write down the things I need to get done, I can process it much better and stay on task. It always helps me feel happier knowing I am not being a scatter brain, and I am organized with what I need to be doing each day.
- Meditate / Pray / Ponder / Read Something Positive or Uplifting: If I can, I like to start my day out with a little bit of stillness. Even if it’s just a moment in my closet to pray, meditate, and ponder. I feel like it really sets the tone for my day and gives me that extra boost I need. I also try to read something positive or uplifting each day like scripture, a book, or a talk or article.
- Exercise / Workout: I have a very regular exercise routine. I workout six days a week doing various fitness classes, weights, and running. I love to take that time to work my body, and push its limits. I never regret getting up and working out. I always feel so much better after I do, and so much happier. I stick to my routine, even while on vacation so that I don’t have a major set back, or have to make the decision to do it every day. It really has become a regular part of my day just as eating lunch or going to sleep is. A nice good stretch afterwards also does wonders!
- Drink a lot of Water and Eat Often: I am a big believer in drinking water. I carry around my giant water jug pretty much everywhere I go. Feeling dehydrated always makes me feel terrible, so I always try to drink water often. Eating as well. I get a severe case of hanger when I don’t eat enough. I try to eat fairly healthy and often. No body wants to be grumpy because of hunger!
- Take a Shower and Get Dressed for the Day: I know this may seem like an obvious step to do every day. But, all you mom’s out there know that it can be hard to find the time! It is so tempting to stay in those workout clothes or pajamas, but I have made it a habit to shower every day and get dressed, and even put on some make up!
Having some key pieces in my closet from Evereve always help me put together an outfit that makes me look like I have your act together.
I have been loving the boho trend! A few flowy detailed tops like this Free People embroidered top paired with some jeans. You can always dress them up or down depending on what shoes you put on. Add a few key jewelry pieces, and you are good to go! My current favorite shoe to dress things up, but still provide comfort are the Dolce Vita Stud Suede Wedges! The perfect amount of dressy, but can really be worn with just about anything!
My go to jeans are the AG Farrah Skinny Jeans from Evereve. I wear them with just about everything! They are such a flattering cut on everyone, and are high rise to keep everything where it needs to be! I always feel so much better, and much more confident and happy when I look put together!
So, tell me. What are you’re favorite daily practices to feel happier? I’d love to know!
Now, don’t forget! Be bold, be strong, because you already are beautiful!
Shop the Post Below!
All photos by Jessica Kettle Photography