I made this yesterday for dinner, and it turned out super yummy! I’m glad I’ve finally figured out a good recipe for when I get the Thai food Craving. Hope you like it!
Thai Chicken Coconut Curry
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1-3 teaspoons of red curry paste (1-2 for medium, 2-3 for hot)
1 (14 ounce) can of coconut milk (unsweetened, not light)
½ cup water
½ teaspoon salt
Juice of ½ of a lime
1 stalk lemongrass, remove/peel first outer layer, cut in half
½ cup bamboo shoots (cut in strips)
2 kaffir lime leaves
2 teaspoons fish sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
2 Thai chilies, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Hot Thai basil, chopped
2 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
1) Heat the oil in a large wok and add garlic on medium heat. Sauté for 1 min.
2) Add the Red Curry Paste, ginger, and the thicker cream from the top of the can of coconut milk to wok and whisk.
3) Now add the rest of the coconut milk along with all other ingredients but the chicken and garnish.
4) Bring to a slow boil for 7 minutes, and then discard the lemongrass stalk. Add the chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 7-9 minutes.
5) Serve over Jasmine Rice and top with Chilies, Basil, and Cilantro for garnish.
6) Super yummy!
*Most ingredients can be found at an Asian Market. I found mine at a Thai food Market. (Just ask the people at the store if you don’t know how to find certain ingredients.) -Lemongrass shown at bottom of picture below.
I’m adding this to my menu for the next couple of weeks. I’m always on the hunt for a yummy Thai recipe.