During our stay in Buena Park California, we were able to spend the day at Knott’s Berry Farm on my husband’s birthday! Both my husband and I haven’t been since we were kids, and it was so much fun to re-live some fond memories we had of going there as children with our own children!
Things have changed a lot since I was at Knott’s last, and they had so many amazing family rides and rollercoasters. I was a total kid again on the Xcelerator. I even rode it by myself, because I knew I’d regret it if I didn’t. Seriously, one of the best roller coasters I have been on in a while! I couldn’t stop smiling after I got off. What a rush!! I loved every second of it. If you’re looking for a good mix of rollercoaster and rides for kids, I would strongly recommend Knott’s. The best of both worlds!
The kids were so excited to go, they had their Snoopy ears ready at the hotel early in the morning, and couldn’t wait to head out for the day. I was surprised that there were so many rides for my kids, especially in Camp Snoopy. My oldest and I had a great time on some of the rollercoasters. We braved Montezooma’s Revenge together. I totally remember it being the BIG one when I was a kid!
The kids ran around, went on rides, ate junk food, watched a wild west show, met Snoopy and Linus. They really had the time of their lives! My kids probably rode the little drop Woodstock’s Airmail ride at minimum of eight times in a row. They were in heaven!
Things to know about visiting Knott’s Berry Farm:
- You can purchase tickets online, or check out hotel packages that include admission to the park.
- Parking for the day is $17. It is a little bit of a walk to your car, so be sure to bring everything you need with you. We left our jackets in the car, and when it got chilly later it was a bit of a walk to go grab them. They have lockers if you need to store any items you don’t want to carry around.
- There are several kid’s options in Camp Snoopy if you are going with young children.
- There are also a good variety of legit Roller Coasters! Most of the height requirements are 48 inches, but there are a few over 52 inches. Which is why I rode the Xcelerator alone, ha! I think my oldest was a little relieved that he didn’t quite make the cut.
- Check the show schedule. My kids enjoyed one of their Wild West shows, they only do the shows are certain times throughout the day, so be sure to check the schedule.
- There are a lot of dining options inside the park with different varieties. There is also the famous Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant just outside the park.
- Knott’s Berry Farm honors Military with Free Military Days Nov 21-Dec 20, 2015. Applies for all US Veterans or active duty and a guest.
- For discounted admission tickets, head to visitBuenaPark.com
Outfit Details: (affiliate links included)
Cardigan: Tai Pan Trading
Shirt: Tai Pan Trading
Necklace: Tai Pan Trading
Black High-waisted Rockstar Jeans: Old Navy
Crossbody Bag: Baggallini
Shoes: Nike (similar)
T-shirt: Design Life Kids
Shoes: Converse All-Star
Jumpsuit: Gap Kids (similar)
Jean Jacket: Gap Kids
Shoes: Old Navy (similar)
T-Shirt: Loved by Hannah and Eli
Snoopy Ears, of course!
Thanks so much for the fun day Knott’s Berry Farm! (All thoughts and opinions are my own)
Be sure to check out our blog post from our Pirate’s Dinner Adventure in Buena Park, including our hotel details as well as all you need to know before you go to Medieval Times.
For other ideas, and things to do in Buena Park California, be sure to check out www.VisitBuenaPark.com for more ideas and resources.
I haven’t been there since middle school, although I do remember Xcelerator was my favorite. Based on the pictures, I assume the lines and wait times were great? Thanks for sharing!
Yes! We went at a great time in the Fall! No lines! It was fun to be back after not being there since I was a kid!