We just returned from a lovely winter getaway in the rolling mountains of Northwest Colorado in a cute ski town called Steamboat Springs. We stayed at the Trailhead Lodge, a Wyndham Vacation Rental property right near the base of Steamboat Springs Ski Resort.
Trailhead Lodge is such a picturesque mountain getaway destination with so many great amenities. Wyndham Vacation Rentals is the world’s largest manager of vacation rental properties, and they provide access to over 105,000 vacation rental properties in more than 550 unique destinations worldwide. They market and manage each unit on behalf of the owner, and have several ski destination vacation rentals in the U.S. in places like: Whistler, British Columbia; Park City, Utah; and several in Colorado like Aspen, Breckenridge, Beaver, Keystone, and of course Steamboat Springs.
Winter Destination Vacations are quickly becoming my favorite kind of vacation, and staying in a Vacation Rental for a Winter Destination is the way to go, I am totally sold! I feel like when you are on a summer vacation or a warm weather destination, you aren’t spending a lot of time in your hotel room or lodging. But, a winter weather destination is the type of vacation that you will want to come “home” to a familiar place where you can cozy up by a nice warm fire, and enjoy that time recoup from the activities and weather from the day, and rejuvenate. Having the amenities of a hotel, but the conveniences of a Vacation Rental is the way to go on a Winter Vacation Destination.
Here are 7 Reasons why you’ll want to Book a Wyndham Vacation Rental on your next Winter Vacation:
- The Space! We had a very spacious three bedroom condo that we absolutely loved! There was so much room to sprawl out, and my husband and I had our room, two of my kids had a two twin bedroom, and my oldest loved having his own king-sized bedroom! Each room had their own full bathroom, Large mounted TV (the kids loved that!). And, the spacious living room area had a fireplace to cozy up to after a long day of outdoor activities.
2. Spacious living area and a FULL Kitchen! Having our own fully stocked kitchen on a family was SO amazing! With running around town, and heading up for skiing, it was so nice to come home to a full kitchen for snacks, and meals. Making breakfast before heading out to the slopes, or coming home to a quick snack or being able to fix dinner. I loved eating my breakfast with gondola views, getting pumped to head out for an amazing day on the mountain! It really made it so much easier to be able to keep our normal eating habits, grab food when we needed it, save money making our own food instead of paying for a family of five to eat out every meal, and staying in for the night after a full day of activities so the kids could relax and rest with meals at the Vacation rental.
3. Unlike when you book from a stranger through a listing site, booking with Wyndham Vacation Rentals means you’ll be taken care of before, during and after your stay by experienced hospitality professionals. With Wyndham Vacation Rentals, you can book knowing your vacation is backed by the Vacation Rental Bill of Rights, an industry-first service pledge that lets you know they are there for you before, during and after your stay. With so many Vacation rental properties, it is nice to know you’ll be taken care of and have experienced professionals working for you. And, when booking from online listings it is hard to know they can be trusted and backed, which could leave you out of money and out of a place to stay on your trip.
4. The Amenities. The Trailhead Lodge had some amazing amenities, even better than what you would get staying at a hotel. There was a heated, pool, three jacuzzi tubs, a full fitness center, a game room, outdoor BBQ area. All of this was so nice to have on site to make us feel more at home and comfortable. It was great to still be able to get my morning workout routine done before heading out for a full day of activities, and coming home to a nice soak in the hot tub at night was amazing on those sore muscles.
5. Shuttle Service. The Trailhead Lodge also offers shuttle service to your destination, which comes in very handy if you don’t have your own car, or if you need to be dropped off at a destination, or don’t have directions or want to hassle with parking. If you do bring you own car, they offer a very secure parking garage with locked access for only lodge guests.
6. Washer and Dryer Amenities. It was so nice to be able to have a washer and dryer on site. Traveling with small children there always seems to be a reason that we need to wash and dry something while vacationing.
7. Gondola access straight to the Steamboat Springs Resort. Being able to hit the gondola straight from where we were staying was a lifesaver. Gearing up yourself and three kids is enough, and being able to grab our gear and go was so nice. The Trailhead Lodge also had ski storage for our skis, and a boot room with heaters to dry out our boots and keep them warm until our next ski adventure.
We had such a great time seeing what Steamboat Springs had to offer! We were lucky enough to be in town during their Winter Carnival! You can see more about our experience at the Steamboat Springs Winter Carnival, and the many fun activities we were able to do, while we were in town in this post. It also includes 7 Reasons why you should plan a Winter Getaway!
Overall, we absolutely loved Steamboat Springs and our stay at the Wyndham Vacation Rentals at Trailhead Lodge. We loved feeling so at home while away on vacation, and having so many amazing amenities at our fingertips. Be sure to head over to Wyndham Vacation Rentals if you are looking for a great deal on your next rental in Steamboat Springs!
If you’re looking for more Family travel posts, be sure to check out more of our adventures by clicking here!
Disclosure: As typical with Travel Blogging, my family was hosted, all thoughts and opinions are my own.