I recently was able to attend Click Retreat Conference for Bloggers in Jamaica. The conference was located at the beautiful Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall, an all-inclusive Resort in Montego Bay. The Resort was absolutely gorgeous! The pools, the ocean views, the beach. It was truly Caribbean Vacation heaven! *Be sure to enter the Dream Vacation GIVEAWAY below for a chance to experience a little slice of heaven for yourself!
It was my first time in Jamaica, as well as staying at an all-inclusive resort. I have always been curious about the all-inclusive route for travel, and to be honest I haven’t heard the best reviews, so I really wasn’t sure what to expect. I’m more of a go-go-go type when it comes to vacations. I just love to explore, and immerse myself in local cultures, I love to see new things, so the relaxing all-inclusive resort life was all new to me. And, guess what? I loved it! Maybe this mama really needed a break, but sitting around eating and relaxing couldn’t have been a better option for me right now! I don’t think I have felt that relax in a really, really long time. If ever! This mama needed this!
With my travel plans already being taken care of for me by attending the Click Retreat conference, it was nice to just sit back and enjoy the research someone else had done in order to find a great location and accommodations. Usually that is my job when I travel with my family, so I was thrilled to not have to worry about any of the details, and know I was in good hands! I was also able to easily set up my flight plans from Salt Lake into Montego Bay with Funjet Vacations. I briefly spoke with one of their agents, and we quickly set up my flight plans, and I was good to go!
I had been so busy previous to heading out to the conference, and making all the arrangements and logistics for my kids and family back home, that I didn’t even get a chance to really look into the details of where we were staying for the conference. I didn’t even realize it was going to be an all-inclusive Resort until a few days before.
Honestly, I have heard some mixed reviews on All-inclusive Resorts, so I really wasn’t sure what I was going to expect, but I will say that I was pleasantly surprised! That being said, I don’t believe that all of the all-inclusive Resorts are created equal, so selecting the right all-inclusive is key.
I was lucky to have a great experience my first time at an all inclusive resort. I can imagine I now have a pretty high standard when it comes to Resorts with the Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall Jamaica as my first experience with an All-Inclusive! The grounds were gorgeous, and I was well attended to, and had an amazing time there!
If you have ever thought about going the All-Inclusive Resort Route, then I wanted to share with you a few things that I was pleasantly surprised with!
(Read more for my full list, and a Enter to Win a stay at any Playa Resort!)
17 Things that Pleasantly Surprised me about staying at an All-Inclusive Resort (Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall):
- Unlimited Food/Beverage Choices: I should have known that All-Inclusive means All-Inclusive, but the first time I went over and ordered some Nacho’s by the pool, I was still taken back by not having to pay a bill! I know some All-Inclusives may not include drinks or have some kind of exceptions, but it really was All-Inclusive!
- Variety of Restaurant Choices: I honestly don’t know what I was expecting, maybe just a big cafeteria style with all you can eat buffet food open 24/7 but, it wasn’t like that at all! I loved having some nice sit down restaurants as well as some casual dining options, or being able to stop by for some little snack at the Snack huts, Coffee shops, or Sandwich bar and grab something to go! I even packed a little bag of sandwiches and snacks from the Coffee shop when we headed out to explore the town!
- 24 Hour Room Service: I was really surprised to see that they had 24 hour room service available! It was so nice to be able to call in my breakfast before heading over to workout, then it would arrive right when I was done and ready for breakfast! And, let’s be honest. I ordered a few snacks to the room too between meals!
- Quality Food: I have heard mixed reviews about the food at All-Inclusive Resorts. But, I will say I loved the food at the Hyatt Ziva! With the exception of one dish I didn’t really care for, I was very happy with the food! I was able to try almost all of their 9 plus dining options with casual and sit down restaurants. I really liked Fuzion, and Jamaican Rootz at Horizon and Urban Heat by Flavorz over at the adult only Hyatt Zilara the sister resort next door to the Ziva.
- No need to pull out my wallet: Pay one price, then leave the wallet. I couldn’t believe that other than excursions and other activities I planned, I really never pulled out my wallet.
- No need to plan: In Jamaica, they are big on, “No worries!” And, it is true! With an All-Inclusive it really is all about convenience! Everything is taken care of! You really could stay in the Resort the entire time, and have everything taken care of.
- Traveler vs Explorer vs Tourist: There is something for everyone! If you want to hang out at the Resort, and never leave. That works. If you’re like me and you’d like to get out more, and experience the culture and the area, then you can easily plan some excursions with the help of the hotel. I was very happy that we explored Montego Bay and we also went to the Luminance Lagoon at night! It was a once in a lifetime experience!
- No need to change currency: I was surprised that I never had to convert any money over to Jamaican currency. I tipped in United States currency, and we I went around town to buy some souvenirs they accepted US Dollars.
- Large Ocean View Suites: The Rooms were beautiful and a lot larger than I was expecting, and they were very clean and modern! Some of them even had swim-up suites!
- Complimentary Fully Stocked Bar in the Room: I don’t drink alcohol, but I was surprised that all of the drinks in the fridge (including water), and all of the snacks were also included, and were re-stocked every day!
- World Class Spa Treatments: The Resort had an in-house Spa with a huge offering of relaxing treatments. Even massages on the beach!
- Entertainment/ Activities: I was surprised that the Resort provided lots Entertainment! There were some fun Evening Performances, including dancing, fire dancing, singing/ music, and even water dancing! They also did some poolside Reggae dancing lessons, and trivia! The locals that worked there were so fun, friendly, and were just beautiful! It was fun to watch them dance! Jamaicans were just born to dance and move!
- Fitness Classes/ Fitness Center: I figured that there would be a fitness center, but the resort also offered some fitness classes like Yoga at the Beach or Zumba. I absolutely loved doing Yoga with the sounds of the waves hitting the beach nearby.
- Kid Friendly/ Kids Club: I didn’t have my kids there, but I was excited to note that the Resort was a lot more kid friendly than I was expecting. I was expecting All-Inclusive to be more of an adult scene, especially with the alcohol included, but there were many things I saw that made me think my kids would have a good time there! They have a Kids Club as well if parents want a little alone time!
- Excursions: You’re not a prisoner at the resort. You can get out, and see the area! We were able to ask the hotel to arrange a guide to drive us and show us around town. He didn’t recommend getting out and walking around the downtown area with the locals, but we were able to drive around and observe day to day life in Montego Bay. We also went to the touristy area, bought a few souvenirs and talked to a few locals at the beach.
- Security: I felt very safe and secure at the Resort. They had Security and a gate at the front of the hotel. I also noticed there was security stationed throughout the grounds, even at night where it can get dark in some corners. I was happy to feel very safe and secure!
- Easy Airport Access Transportation: I was surprised at how easy the transportation was from the Airport! There was a room at the Airport for the Hyatt Ziva and Zilara. We met up there and a short 10-15 minute drive, we were at the Resort! Really convenient and quick!
All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by my first All-Inclusive Resort experience! I feel lucky to be able to have experienced such an amazing time in such a beautiful country at such an amazing Resort!
For even more information about the Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall Jamaica, check out their social media channels and websites:
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
Playa Resorts: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
Hyatt Ziva and Zilara Rose Hall
Rose Hall Rd.
Montego Bay, St. James
So, I have some exciting news! I have teamed up with Playa Resorts for an ULTIMATE GIVEAWAY below!! Imagine you and a guest at any one of the Nine Playa All-Inclusive Resorts in Mexico or Jamaica for Four days and Three nights!
DREAM VACATION GIVEAWAY DETAILS!!
- 4 Days and 3 Nights at any of the Nine Playa Resort All-Inclusive Resorts in Mexico or Jamaica for you and one guest! (*Airfare not-included)
- You’re all Inclusive stay includes all meals, drinks, snacks, and 24 hour room service!
- Enter by logging in to the Rafflecopter Giveaway below with your Email or Facebook Account. Be sure to visit Playa Resorts and leave a comment on this post telling me which resort you’d pick!
- Giveaway ends December 19, 2016!
I cannot wait to see who wins!! You are going to have the dream trip of a lifetime! I had an amazing time in Jamaica, and I can’t wait for one of you to enjoy some relaxation time too!
Best of luck!
Disclosure: As traditional with Travel Blogging this trip was hosted/sponsored by FunJet Vacations and Hyatt Ziva / Playa Resorts, all thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own. (All images by me)
This looks amazing!!! I have always wanted to go to Jamaica! I cant think of a better time than now!!
I don’t know which one to choose😳 They all look so fun! Puerto Viarta looks pretty great and the Caribbean! So many fun places! Fingers crossed I have some luck on my side!
Puerto Vallarta* or the caribe Resort. I really can spell. I guess I need the vacation more than I thought🙈
Hard to choose, but I’d go with HYATT ZILARA CANCUN
Awesome pictures! Would love to experience Jamaica. The colorful, happy vibe seems super inviting and who doesn’t like being surrounded by amazingly blue waters!
This is so fun! I’m so excited for whoever wins this. ❤️ My hubby says we should go to Cancun.
I would love to go to Jamaica! Looks absolutely incredible! The Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall is my pick!
Oh my gosh this looks soooooo amazing!!!! I would die to stay at the Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall! I have never been to Jamaica and it is my absolute DREAM!
I think I’d have to pick on of the adults only resorts. Ha! Hyatt Zilara Cancun sounds so dreamy. My husband and I have never been on a trip by ourselves, so this would be fantastic!
I would love to go an a trip with my husband. And my favorite resort? All these look so dreamy but I think I will choose The Royal Playa del Carmen.
So this trip looks like heaven!! I don’t think my husband and I have had a vacation just the two of us since our daughter was born 18 months ago!! So this would be a dream! I think any of the resorts would be wonderful, but I will say the Puerto Vallarta resort looks like heaven! Thank you for hosting such a generous giveaway!! Fingers crossed!!
I would be so happy to go to any of them – but Los Cabos looks like an amazing area to explore!!
Los cabos looks amazing! Would love a babymoon before baby#3 arrives!! 😬
They all look amazing, Cancun or Playa del Carmen. Please take me out of this frozen tundra!!
Hyatt Zilara Cancun!!! They all look so amazing! Babymoon before baby 4 is sounding more and more important. 😉 Merry Christmas!
what an awesome giveaway! This would be the best ever to do a fun couples getaway to Jamaica at the Hyatt zilara rose hall! They all sound so fun, but we have dreamed about going to Jamaica so this would be amazing!
So beautiful. Jamaica looks amazing.
Oh gosh it brought me so much joy reading your post about Jamaica! I absolutely love my country. I have been to a few locations myself and let me tell you it was worth every penny! Unfortunately, I’ve never tried the Hyatt but it’s now on my must visit list lol. Thank you so much!
So happy you liked the post! Jamaica is such a beautiful country with such nice people!