Summer is here, and we have been spending a lot of time outside in the heat playing as well as working on our yard. My kids have been loving helping their dad do the yard work, and he has been rewarding them with a trip to the store for a cool drink. I’m one of those mom’s that cringes at any kind of drink that is full of artificial flavors, dyes, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, and who knows what else. We don’t drink soda at our house, and I do occasionally allow my kids a sugary drink here, and there, but not without a little pit in my stomach.
I was thrilled to be introduced and partner with Silver Fern Brand who offers healthier options for not only drink mixes, but they also have a great variety of Baking Mixes, Popcorn, and Protein Drinks just to name a few. It has been nice to not feel guilty when serving my kids a fun refreshing beverage, and my kids have been thrilled to have something they consider a treat, that is also healthy for them! I have been most impressed with the fact that their products are free of refined sugar, and are high in fiber and protein, and have prebiotics and probiotics.
Their Wai Drink Mixes have really impressed me! They are flavorful and so easy to just stir into to a tall glass of water, or blend into your favorite smoothie recipe (see my Pina Colada Smoothie recipe below!). What has impressed me the most is the addition of their powerful probiotic blend, and high fiber in their mixes that promote a healthy gut, and a healthy metabolism. We are big fans of probiotics at our house, especially for the kids. In fact, any time the kids aren’t feeling well, get a stomach bug, or have to go on a round antibiotics, my brother who is a pediatrician always recommends that we give our kids probiotics ASAP to help them get the good bacteria going again, and help them to have a quick recovery. With so many people I know suffering from health issues related to their guts, I really want to be aware, and help my family maintain healthy metabolisms, gut, and overall health by using probiotics.
Here are a few facts about amazing health benefits from Silver Fern Brand Wai Drink Mixes:
- They contain over 5 Billion CFU of natural Probiotics. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially your digestive system.
- Wai Drink Mixes contain prebiotic fiber and prebiotic tagatose. Probiotics can build good bacteria in the gut which will convert healthy macronutrients into healthy nutrients like amino acids, omega fatty acids, quinols, B vitamins, GABA, BDNF, serotonin, vitamin K, short chain fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- They help to boost and restore your metabolism by helping your body process fats more efficiently and helps the body absorb vitamins and nutrients better.
- They are High in Fiber, which helps to satisfy and reduce hunger, and converts fiber into fat busting compounds known as short-chain fatty acids.
- They help support and promote a healthy immune system.
- They are all natural. No refined sugar added, food dyes or high fructose corn syrup, with no artificial ingredients.
- They come in six tasty flavors in individual serving packets: Pina Colada, Cranberry Raspberry, Peach Mango, Strawberry Kiwi, and Blackberry Pomegranate.
I really appreciate brands who think like me, and take the initiative and try to make their products healthier, so that I can have better options to give to my family. My kids absolutely loved all of the flavors, and couldn’t get enough, and I felt good giving it to them since it is all natural and full of good fiber and probitics. Win, win!
I am such a water drinker, I just love it, and I don’t get tempted too much to indulge on sugary drinks. But, I really like the all natural Wai Drink Mixes, and decided try adding it to a smoothie as well! It adds such a nice flavor, and they would be amazing made into popsicles, or blended into your favorite green smoothie!
Here’s the recipe for my Piña Colada smoothie I made with the Wai Piña Colada flavor drink mix.
Piña Colada Smoothie Recipe
Makes one 12 ounce glass
1 Wai Silver Fern Brand Piña Colada Drink Mix Packet
1/2 cup canned Coconut Milk
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen Pineapple
1/4 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1 cup Ice
Place all of the ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth.
Pour into a glass, add an umbrella if you’d like, and sip a little all natural tropical paradise wherever you are! Enjoy!
Thank you for so much for supporting the amazing brands that make this blog possible!
#SilverFernBrand #Wai #WaiDrinkMix
All photos by me